By most accounts, the global economy in 2022 has potentially begun to transition towards a recessionary phase. Aided by factors such as the COVID-19 pandemic, geopolitical events, housing shortages, and climbing inflation, the investment community has been leery and hesitant on the foreseeable economic future. Throughout recessionary phases in the economy certain verticals have fared better than others due to the elasticity of the product. One such industry that fits this mold is the Payments industry which is poised to revisit the investment and mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity of 2019 shortly before the beginning of the pandemic.
This 50-page eReport contains an analysis of the global public payment company ecosystem including:
- The strength of payment companies and what makes them a good investment opportunity
- Commentary on how and through what vehicles a company goes public through
- What trends have been occurring between public payment companies from an M&A perspective
- High-level company profiles highlighting sixty of the most prominent public companies that have a notable impact in the payments industry
- An assessment of how these select sixty public payment companies have been faring against the market average