Cryptocurrency usage is increasing worldwide, and recent consumers surveys show that most U.S. adults are now at least somewhat familiar with the term. Despite growing consumer enthusiasm, aside from exploration in the crypto industry by larger enterprise-level merchants, little information is available showing the perspective of small businesses and their sentiment regarding cryptocurrency acceptance.
To take a closer look, TSG conducted a survey of nearly 600 small business owners in mid-2021 with the goal of understanding merchant attitudes and perspectives on the acceptance of cryptocurrency as a payment method. In addition to the detailed survey results this report also covers popular crypto-processor profiles, an overview of trends in merchant crypto acceptance, a case study of El Salvador’s new Bitcoin Law, a special feature of an up-and-coming acquisition in the crypto space, and a transcript of an expert interview on the topic of merchant’s crypto adoption.
Highlights of this extensive 79-page eReport include:
- The Basics of Cryptocurrency
- The Status of Crypto-Acceptance by Merchants
- Opportunity and Controversy
- El Salvador: A Case Study of Bitcoin as Legal Tender
- Special Feature: NCR & LibertyX Acquisition
- Key Players in the Crypto Space
- Expert Feature: Interview with AlphaBTC
- Crypto Acceptance Merchant Survey (demographics, results, crypto-accepting SMBs, non-crypto accepting SMBs + thematic analysis)
- The Future of Merchant Crypto Acceptance
This report is exclusive to TSG’s eReports subscription. All subscribers receive access to this, and all other eReports currently listed in TSGShop. Subscribers can expect to receive at least 15 new eReports annually covering a wide array of relevant topics. Email the Market Intelligence team at [email protected] to discuss further.